Monday, June 27, 2011

Our weekend

Last week was busy with three of the five days requiring later work hours for one of us. Add a recent new workout regime for myself and an attempt at eating healthier and by Friday we both needed some veg time. So we ordered takeout Vietnamese and caught up on some DVR shows.

Such a good show!  Picture from here.

Saturday started out as usual - the husband gutted the terrible caulk in our shower and cleaned the ever living crud out of it - literally. That man is meticulous about stuff like that.

I did some grocery shopping and picked up some 10lb weights to go along with my workout.

We have a grocery store called Fiesta and they sell really cheap produce. For example, at the HEB (our other grocery store, sort of like Harris Teeter), those little things below are 3 for $1.

Picture

At Fiesta, they are 20 for $1. I bought what I'm guessing is close to 30lbs of vegetables (good stuff like red peppers and avocados, etc) and spent $22. That's my kind of store.


I got home and cleaned the veggies, did some prepping for food stuff and contemplated how to take back my sanity from my house.


Then things sort of went downhill, in a way.

The cluttered areas of our house that have, as I've mentioned, eaten away at my sanity slowly but oh so surely finally caused a break. I told the husband I wanted to go to Ikea Sunday to get organization stuff for some of the rooms that are chowing down on my sanity. He said, "lets go now," and what began as a normal weekend quickly turned into chaos (albeit organized and sort-of-planned).

Here's a sneak peak.


No comments:

Post a Comment