Monday, January 30, 2012

Small decorating updates

We've done some miscellaneous decorating over the past few months. One of the absolute last things I do in any room is put art, etc on the walls. I hate making the commitment because I'm almost always doubtful of how it will turn out.

Recently though, I was moved to finally add art to our long back hallway. A few months ago, I convinced the husband to stop by an estate sale while we were on our way home from running errands. We picked up a world atlas book and a whole set of state maps for about $10. I knew I could use these as art so it seemed like a great deal.

Sometime in November, the husband took on the job of cutting out the maps and putting them in some frames I picked up from Ikea (of course). We decided to go with places we've lived and visited. I love the personal touch and how inexpensive the whole thing turned out.





No comments:

Post a Comment