Thursday, March 7, 2013

Currently

My lapses in blogging usually mean I have a lot on my mind. When I have a lot on my mind writing about house stuff seems so unimportant. Somewhat tangentially, I really like our house and working on it but I really actually despise decorating and I kinda suck at it and it's super expensive. If anyone wants to visit and decorate for me, please feel free! :)

Anywho I thought I would update on life right now with a list of randomness. Enjoy.
  • I miss my people. 
  • Women are awesome and often struggle with things and never tell one another - why do we do that?
  • I am super energized by the work I'm doing at the grief center here and it makes me realize how much I miss counseling, supervising counselors and teaching counselors. 
  • One of the things I miss the most is having awesome intellectual conversations with other counselors and educators. 
  • I was super lucky to go to awesome masters and doc programs where I met and learned with even more awesome people.
  • I miss that.
  • I'm going to the national counseling conference this month and I'm excited!
  • Next month I get to hang out with my mom in Baltimore and I'm excited about that too!
  • I'm on a granola kick and make a ton every few weekends. My go to recipe is here but I of course switch out stuff depending on what I have in the pantry. I usually use almonds instead of pistachios (which are awesome but expensive), no coconut b/c the husband dislikes it, and dried cherries or cranberries instead of apricots.
  • We're going to remodel our bathroom this year (probably) and hopefully we don't kill each other in the process.
  • As part of that remodel we are considering replacing the carpet in our bedroom with laminate that matches the laminate in our house.
  • I hate that laminate. And it has spots on that look suspiciously like roaches. Who designs floors with roach-looking spots?
  • We have so much of the laminate in our house, it would be too cost prohibitive to replace it so we're stuck with it. Sad.

 That's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you! We'll have a great time in Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete