Friday, June 25, 2010

90 years old

My grandfather turned 90 yesterday. It is difficult to describe how important he is to me but here are some of my favorite things about him. He doesn't eat chicken because as a child he watched his mother kill and de-feather too many for dinner. He loves to eat cornbread mixed in milk for dinner (who doesn't??). He is frank but still gentle. He gives the best hugs. He went to University of Houston and is SOOOO excited that Chip and I are down in Houston. When I was deciding on a major, he asked me if I had considered engineering. He loves Chip and besides me, Chip is the only other person who refers to him as Pally (we add a -lly to the end of Pa). I love listening to Pa talk about his family and its so interesting in fact that there is a documentary about some of them!





I was incredibly lucky to grow up in the same city as my maternal grandparents and they both mean the absolute world to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment