Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Its been awhile

Actually it has been too long since I've posted. But (cue sad working-woman music) working is hard. To be fair, it isn't that bad. The travel to and from, making the total hours away from home for work around 11.5, is what makes it bad. Let me tell you, when we get home around 6 and have just enough time to walk the dogs, eat dinner, relax for an hour (maybe) and then have to go to bed, its hard to have interesting lives. Plus this last month has been one of those where I feel behind on everything - laundry, vacuuming masses of dog hair, cleaning, etc. Suffice it to say - life has been boring. Gasp! Fear not readers of this nonsense blog - things are looking up. Things appear to be getting back to normal so we're anticipating some projects coming soon. To keep you in the new loop of projects here is our list!

1. Half-bath remodel! :)
     We've decided on a pedestal sink,
Picture from here
and now we're working on finalizing the tile for the floor. I think I want something like this but not sure quite yet.

2. Bed skirt (I'm thinking A LOT about this one so I don't screw it up - that fabric ain't cheap)

3. Dog beds (yes, I  know I said I would do this two months ago)

4. Recover a lamp shade and make into a hanging light - bought a big 'ole drum shade from Goodwill last weekend for $3 :)

I'm excited!  And there will be a post tomorrow - just FYI! :)  Actually today!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the half bath!! I love the sink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I was beginning to wonder about life, job, etc. I figured work was keeping you pretty busy though. 11.5 hours! That's like Andrew...yuck. Sounds like you're enjoying life in Texas otherwise :) Andrew and I are excited to leave for our cruise with Chris and Aubrie tomorrow morning. I will call soon and admittedly I suck for not calling sooner.

    ReplyDelete