Monday, October 25, 2010

A quiet mind


I've noticed recently that I spend a lot of time thinking - even when I'm sort of sleeping or should be sleeping. I have been sleeping fine, but I tend to wake up a few minutes before my alarm or earlier on the weekend thinking about all the things I want/need to get done. After thinking about my thinking I decided its the result of my attempt to maximize my time outside of work - trying to "get ahead" or finish something I started awhile ago or start something new. I think I need to find a bit of a balance in this. I'll keep you posted on the balancing but for now, here's what we did this weekend!
We bought the tile for the bathroom project! Woo-hoo!! To give you more of an idea of the bathroom look I'm hoping for, here's a picture of a bathroom I love. This is basically the basis for our bathroom, although we are making several key changes.

Lonny
Ok, so with that in mind, we did not buy the super expensive but loverly hexagonal tile we saw at Daltile ($35/sq.ft). Instead, we bought a 12x12 porcelain tile that will do the job. And instead of black walls, we'll likely go with a very dark blue with less gloss.


Back to the weekend...

Saturday we worked in the yard until about 2 and then ran some errands.

Our to-do list for Sunday looked like this:
Sometimes writing on a board discourages correct spelling.
The husband's part of the list was not numbered. Sunday is Raven's football day and thus much of his afternoon is spent on the couch. However, he did add to his list during the day - he cleaned the dishes and kitchen after all the cooking/baking, and demoed the half bath!

So the husband cleaned this (which is after some of the dishes were put into the dishwasher):







And he did this:



If you need a refresher on the bathroom prior to demo - check it out here.

I spent the day marking things off my list.

Sausage Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potatoes and Squash

Molasses Wheat Berry Bread

Excuse the messy pan but the yumminess was overflowing!  Turkey Sausage Spinach Lasagna with Spicy Tomato Sauce

Pumpkin cupcakes with my mom's homemade cream cheese frosting.
So we'll be eating well this week! And hopefully meal-making will become easier and faster as the weeks move along.

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, that Turkey Sausage Lasagna looks nummy and I'm gonna make it, too!
    Love the kitchen. Prior to the cleaning, it sorta looked like mine, lol.

    ReplyDelete