Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Beating the summer heat

As the rest of the nation prepares for fall, we here in the great state of Texas are preparing for nothing except the continued heat of the summer.

To be fair, we have seen a recent reduction in temperatures. I found myself sitting outside on our screened porch 'enjoying' the cooler temperatures last week - the highs were only in the 90's!

This weekend I took our extended summer as an opportunity to try out a sangria recipe. I love sangria but the few times I've made it, I've been less than thrilled with the results. This recipe was definitely an improvement. It gives me hope that I might master sangria! :)


Next up on the fun food items to beat the heat: honeydew cucumber margarita popsicles (maybe)!

2 comments:

  1. That looks a million times better than our vat of sangria in Vienna:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely forgot about that! It was a lot better! :)

    ReplyDelete