Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Granola

I went to the dentist last week. My dentist is pretty cool and has tv's in each of the little exam rooms. Said tv, with a segment on the Today Show about healthy snacks for kids to take to school, led to the following conversation.

Hygienist: "Do you have a child that goes to school?"

Me: "No, but I'm always looking for ideas about healthy snacks."

(Today Show lady talks about hummus)

Hygienist: "My son loves hummus but my husband said I can't send him to school with it because people will think he's granola."

Dang - add hummus to the list of personal facts NOT to share with Texans - I already don't fit in (for religious and political beliefs), I can only imagine what would happen if people found out I eat hummus in public.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That is so funny but also so sad. Only in Texas.

    ReplyDelete