Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wow

I knew it had been awhile since my last post but good grief its been almost a month! I will say that the last few weeks have been a whirlwind. It feels like we haven't been super busy but when I look at what we've been up to it's actually a good amount.

After my last post, I traveled to the American Counseling Association conference in Cincinnati for four days. Basically that trip was just good for my soul. Leaving NC was hard for so many reasons but I've found the lack of collegial relationships with other counselors to be particularly difficult. Four days with some of my doctoral cohort and other UNCG students/grads wasn't nearly enough but it was so great spending time with them. I even convinced a UNC grad to go to the NC State NCAA game. Although it didn't end well, it was a fun a little side trip.



The husband left for San Antonio the Saturday before I got back from Cincinnati. The following weekend we worked to catch up on house stuff and had a Saturday full of social stuff that included a 2-year old birthday party, a crawfish boil and a wedding shower! And I did all of that with a full body rash - apparently I'm allergic to antibiotics!


This past week we headed to Baltimore Wednesday after a short two days of work. While Chip spent some time with his parents and friends, I did the tourist thing with my mom. The main reason for meeting my mom in Baltimore was to see Les Miserables. We had a great time and the show was truly amazing.


We have one more busy weekend ahead - the husband rides in the MS-150 this coming weekend - and then we're on a hiatus from travel, etc for awhile. We'll need the time to catch up on the house, garden, and plan for our master bathroom remodel!

No comments:

Post a Comment