Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Aaaaggghhhhh

I'm SOOOO excited. Why? Because we will be visiting this beautiful wonderful fabulous state:

It's a whirlwind of a visit but so worth it to see everyone we possibly can in such a short amount of time. We'll be celebrating a wedding too: of good friends Adam and Anderson. I'm so looking forward to good times with friends and family - the things I miss the most about living in this strange place!

Yesterday a coworker asked me why I would want to move back to NC. To be honest, I was offended at first. Why wouldn't I? (I did remind myself that not everyone has had the great pleasure of living outside of TX.)

Why do I like NC and why will I move back? NC has hills, not hill country (a place here in TX where you go to see hills b/c they don't exist anywhere else); NC has beautiful clean beaches where you don't have to look at oil refineries when gazing across the ocean; NC has NC State and Wake Forest; in NC you can go outside in the summer and not feel like you're dying; the people in NC are actually real southerners - you know, the ones that are nice to other people; NC has sweet tea and Bojangles and Cook Out; but most importantly NC has 95% of the most important people in the world to us - regardless of all the other reasons, this is reason #1 for going back. 

(Disclaimer: TX isn't that bad. To be fair, the city we live in is ginormous making it not really like a southern city. I like lots of things about TX but NC would beat it any day in my eyes).

And just for funsies - some pictures of the people we'll be hanging with in NC - love them!!




3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited! I had no idea you guys were going to make the trek for the wedding. Have a safe trip and I can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another thing that makes NC wonderful? A very quick drive to AL!!

    ReplyDelete