Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back at it

Yes, we're back from our wonderful trip to NC. Sadness. But we had a FANTASTIC time.

We started off the trip with a lunch stop at Skippy's in Winston. If you ever ever ever have the chance - go - its amazing hot dog and sandwich yumminess in a little shop. They have pretzel rolls too - enough said.

Then we started the visiting: First stop was Honey and Pa's (yes, that's what I call my grandparents) to chat for a bit. They're pretty awesome and I miss them a lot.


Then we headed to my parents for some dinner and relaxing. We saw their little yorkies who seem sooo small compared to our dogs. We're visiting in June with our dogs and well, lets just say, it'll be interesting. I'm just hoping Shadow doesn't mistaken Coby or Tripp for squirrels! :)



I dropped the husband off with some friends Friday and went for coffee with Jenny and Kaley, and then lunch with Holly. Then I headed to Durham for Adam and Anderson's rehearsal dinner. So nice and got to see a few other friends there.

Saturday was full of friends and fun too - Funke picked me up for coffee in the am and then I met Jenn for lunch and a manicure that afternoon. Then I got ready for the wedding and headed on over to the beautiful Duke Chapel. Afterward I got to see lots more friends at the wedding (including all the baby bumps)!!!

Borrowed this from Mere- several of us at the wedding! :)


We headed back to Winston Sunday for some afternoon fun in the park with Jenny, Mike and the kids (Kaley & Evan) - we went a little crazy with the camera and took 150 photos of the kids playing! It was funny b/c I just had a conversation about new fancy cameras with Lizzie (http://delightfullyrandom.blogspot.com/) where we both agreed there are only so many pictures you can take of your dog(s) before it gets old. So instead we took tons of pictures of the little munchkins. (I'll post them later.)

It was a really great weekend, so great it's hard to describe sufficiently. It was so nice being able to spend quality time talking with most of my dear friends and family. I do sometimes try to keep on trucking along without reaching out for support - this weekend helped me realize just how much I need to reach out more. I gain so much from all of them individually - from each of my short visits with these amazing people I took away something very meaningful beyond just the fun. I really could go on about how great my friends and family are, but suffice it to say they make me better in all kinds of ways and they're super fabulous people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment