Friday, April 15, 2011

A diamond for women (aren't they all supposed to be for women??)

Last year I taught a graduate level counseling course on women and one of the topics is career, which happens to be a very salient topic to me. I admire women who know what they want - to be a mother, to be a wife, to be a teacher, to be an engineer, to be (fill in the blank). Whatever it is, I understand we are all different and what we want, and sometimes what we can get, are different. This blog post describes the challenges women who work outside the home face. It is challenging for ALL women, regardless of where they spend their days or nights but I think she elegantly describes some of the nuances of this particular challenge.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blog post. Thank you for sharing! Very timely for me...

    ReplyDelete