Monday, May 16, 2011

Organizing

It's one of those things that has to be done. And it usually takes time, creativity, and money. All of which I don't have or want to devote to organizing. But after awhile the clutter and chaos eat away at the very strings that hold my sanity together and I hit a wall. I did just that with the kitchen a few weeks ago. I will not name names or point fingers or note how many times 'solutions' have been ignored but suffice it to say it's been enough times that I can no longer handle the situation.

The problem: the entrance which we use almost 100% of the time leads directly into the kitchen. The result is that EVERYTHING ends up a) on the kitchen table, b) on the kitchen floor by the door, or c) on the kitchen counters. NONE of which work for me.

The solution (in the works):


This soon to be lovely piece of furniture will sit below the chalkboard and will become the mail, key, junk, shoe, and whatever-else-lands-in-the-kitchen station.

The plan is modified from Ana White's salsa console.  The spaces in the bottom will be open and the husband has made it so I can have adjustable shelving in those three sections. I'll likely stain the top surface and paint the rest but we'll see.

Picture from Ana-White.com

No comments:

Post a Comment