Thursday, May 5, 2011

Quick update

I've been pretty busy the last couple of weeks so I haven't had a ton of time to write for this blog (read: work is SUPER busy and life at home has involved less fun things). But I'll give you a quick rundown on what we've been up to.
    1. We went to our first crawfish boil. Crawfish are pretty tasty but much like crabs, etc they are a bit too much work to make eating a bunch of them worthwhile. We also met wonderful people from NC!! :)


    2. The garden is....still growing. I know, strange how that works out that way. We did get our first zucchini which the husband proudly displayed on facebook - all 15 oz of it.

    3. Shadow gave us a bit of a scare, and my resulting thought process solidified my realization that I have an irrational fear of something bad happening to her.


    4. I did what any transplant looking for friends does - I joined a social group and went to my first social meetup last night. It was surprisingly fun, we made fondant roses, learned how to make lemon drops and cosmos (although I already new how to make a cosmo), sampled said drinks and other drinks, and concluded at a wine bar. These ladies know how to have fun. What was especially nice was getting to meet other transplants. And randomly, one of the ladies is married to a NC State grad and lived in NC for 9 years - AWESOME.

    Our little roses
    5. I miss my people and NC - could you tell? You should see my face when I meet people from NC - they probably think I'm nuts.

    6. We priced some tree services and are thinking about removing 3 large trees in the front yard and doing a complete overhaul of the front yard. If we go for it, we'll have to temporarily move all of the stone and mulch - yeah, we're nuts.


    7. My new little softball team won the championship!  We get free t-shirts b/c we won.

    8. The husband is building a piece of furniture for the kitchen - I'm excited! :)

    That seems like enough of an update for now.  We're going to work on taking more pictures and such so I can have more fun things to look at here.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment