Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall cooking

Although the daytime temperatures are still in the 70's (and sometimes 80's), I've enjoyed some recent fall cooking.

A few weekends ago I took an afternoon to make two squash-based recipes that were both easy and super yummy. I've been into soups lately so when I saw the recipe for a roasted squash soup with Indian flavors I thought it would be a perfect way to try a new recipe and incorporate fall staples like acorn and butternut squash.

Roasted squash soup with greek yogurt & honey topping.
This Indian-spiced roasted squash soup is hearty and so tasty. Plus, its healthy and easy to make. You can't really beat that.

The other recipe is sans picture but was also quite tasty and made for a great fall meal. For the quinoa stuffed squash I used acorn squash and again, it made for an easy, tasty and healthy meal. I only wish I had doubled it!

No comments:

Post a Comment