Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving is for

Turkey!

Well, that, and a general reminder to be thankful for those things that we sometimes forget. So as a reminder to myself to be more thankful, here is a short list of some of the things for which I'm thankful.
  1. Our dogs, even the one that tends to be a little snooty at times
  2. Living in a place where the highs are still in the 70's and 80's in November (and December probably too)
  3. The katrillion opportunities I've had, especially as it relates to education and work experiences
  4. The grace, beauty, intelligence, ferocity and most of all patience (b/c I am TERRIBLE at keeping in touch) of the women I call friends
  5. The women I met through my masters and doc programs - they have all touched my life in meaningful ways and I absolutely love seeing how they continue to be shining examples of humanity in a world where there seems to be less and less
  6. Memories - I often remember laughs, I think because they can be one of the most genuine expressions and I love having a memory of a laugh from a dear friend or family member - it surely brings a smile on any day
  7. Children, especially all of the new little ones that will soon starting calling dear friends 'mama' or 'dada'
  8. My parents - thank you for talking with me, listening to me, and always being there for me
  9. Change
  10. My sweet husband, who is both supportive and challenging (although I am not always thankful for this in the moment, generally it works out for the best, you know, so that we don't have a chicken coop in our backyard or insert any other hairbrained idea of mine - sometimes I don't think all the way through my wonderful ideas) (an aside to this aside, we are not allowed chicken coops in our neighborhood which is the only reason why his challenge on this front is helpful)
I could do this for awhile because I am grateful for so many things but I won't bore you any further. Enjoy your family and friends on this holiday!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment