Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween crafts

I managed to fit in a teensy bit of crafting over the past three weeks - just enough that we had all of our Halloween decorations up for 3 whole days!  At least they will be ready to go next year and you better believe I'm going to put them out October 1!

I wanted to be a bit more festive this year so I made a Boo sign, paper pumpkins, and paper bats. Since I shopped so late in October, I also snagged a cheapo faux spider web. I think it all turned out pretty well and was all accomplished over a few nights in front of the tv.

 
The husband found a stencil on the Baltimore Ravens website and carved the pumpkin. Afterward he said he understood why I didn't want to carve a pumpkin! :)


The bats were based on a good old Martha tutorial and were a big pain to make because I did not buy large enough paper. You almost need poster board to get the really big ones. Oh well.

The Boo sign was based on this idea but I modified it by spraying the letters with leftover black spray paint and I mixed some orange paint to flick over the letters. I also picked up discounted ghosts and spiders and painted these before gluing them to the letters. Add a little string and done. Really quite easy.
The pumpkins were based on this tutorial and were also easy. I'm not a huge holiday decoration kinda gal but I wanted a little something to add around the house and I think these did the trick.


I got a little lazy on tying bows so I knotted the ends of some - you can't tell from further away and it was way easier! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment