Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Guest bedroom projects

In addition to the new side tables, the guest bedroom received a bed face lift. Prior to the updates, the bed was an Ikea bed that sat low to the ground. Lets face it, none of us are getting younger so getting in and out of that thing wasn't working out well for most. See how low it was?




We upgraded to a bed on a normal frame but we were left without a headboard. I did some online perusing and decided on a tufted headboard. The husband and I made the headboard sometime in November but I never got around to covering the buttons (pain in the rear) and actually attaching them to the headboard, that is, until last week! Its nice to have another project completed. (Pictures are not terrific because, unfortunately, we go to work when its dark and get home right before dark.)




I have a few other ideas for the room to spruce it up but so far, these smallish changes have made a huge difference.


2 comments:

  1. Hi I need to make a headboard for Julia's bedroom. How hard was the tufted one? Was the button covering the hardest part? Did you use batting under the fabric? You may give me the oomph to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie. The headboards really aren't too difficult to make. Covering the buttons was a pain but not hard. The hardest part is getting the hang of actually attaching the buttons to the headboard. I did use foam and batting. I think the batting helps smooth everything out. Let me know if you have any other questions!

    ReplyDelete