Thursday, November 1, 2012

Done

Well folks the whole school thing is finally nearing the end for me. After too many years to admit, I successfully defended my dissertation this past Friday! :) I am officially a doctor! Yay!

I had some serious support from a ton of people over the past few years and it truly did make a difference to know that so many friends and family were on my team, as I like to say. So, THANK YOU, to those of you who read the blog. You may not realize it but the comments and smiles and patience really mean the world to me! :) You are all so awesome!!

Graduation is in a little over a month. I have a few things to finalize between now and then but otherwise I'm done! In a very special turn of events, I will be graduating with my dear friend from the doc program! She was such an instrumental part of my years in the program and I am so excited that we can share the last step together!

As for the blog, I'm slowly getting back into a somewhat normal life with time on the weekends for things other than writing. My head is no longer (completely) full of dissertation-related thoughts and worries. I'm excited to dedicate that energy to other things in my life and as a result, I should have more to blog about!

2 comments: