Thursday, January 24, 2013

Progress in the dining room

You probably remember that last year we purchased our dining room table and chairs. Up until that point, our dining room had been our dog's room. Really, it was.


So we felt great about adding the table and chairs.


The next priority for me was a light. I looked around the interwebs quite a bit and decided I loved the West Elm glass jar pendants. I quickly added them to my Amazon wishlist which I keep stocked full of items I love/want. I expected to buy them after Christmas but was wonderfully surprised to receive them from my in laws! Such an awesome gift.


We were stuck with the best way to hang them, as the husband did not want to create two more holes in the ceiling to accommodate the pendants. I reviewed several of my Pinterest boards and found a picture of something that just might work. We bought a dowel, the husband cut it and spray painted it and we hung the lights. I really like the end the result and it was actually pretty easy!


While I'm super excited to have a great set of lights, the room is a hot mess right now. We still need to finish cleaning up from the pantry and cabinet reorganization and get rid of a few extra things we're currently 'storing' in the dining room. Then we can move on to fun things like wall art (and you might get to see how the entire room looks)!



No comments:

Post a Comment