Thursday, January 17, 2013

The end of year project(s)

I knew the days between Christmas and New Years would be the perfect time for us to accomplish a larger project - one that might require a little more than the two days of each weekend.

While we had a lot of options for this project, I decided to go with painting our bedroom. Yes, we did paint it once. And I hated the color. HATED it. It was my first experience picking out a grey and man oh man did I do a terrible job.



I even had another paint color picked out before I finished the bed skirt (and b/c I'm a visual person, I took a picture of the sample):


The new color is much warmer and is a subtle blue-green. I like it infinitely better than the terrible grey. Plus it actually goes well with the other colors in our house, rather than seeming like a cold random room.




The husband and I are quite the painting team. I always do the cutting in (or edging) and trim and he does the rolling. We can usually knock out some painting pretty quickly but with a room this size, extra large trim, and the need for three coats, this job took us a couple of days. It was totally worth it though!

In between coats, our second big job was the installation of all new blinds in the ENTIRE house. Yep friends, we bit the bullet and used some much appreciated graduation money (thanks mom, dad, and Honey) to buy 3 custom sized blinds and 17 additional blinds for our house. Whoa.

In addition to really odd paint colors, when we bought our home only two rooms (the master bedroom and guest bedroom) had blinds. The blinds in the master were so disgusting they were yellow. We've basically lived with crappy blinds or no blinds since we moved in.


While the sun shining in the room above looks nice and only a person standing directly in front of our garage can see in the windows, we thought it might be nice to finally put in blinds.



No comments:

Post a Comment