Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cupcakes

One of the best things about finishing school has been the freedom I have now. When I see a fun recipe, like this one for turtle cupcakes from Annie's Eats, I can make it that weekend without thinking twice about how I'm spending my time. It's awesome!

I did in fact see this recipe last week and decided to make them Saturday. Having never filled cupcakes before I was curious about the process. All in all it went really well.


I used a pairing knife to cut out little holes in each cupcake.



Then I filled them with a little caramel-pecan mixture (yummy).


Then I replaced the cutout piece (minus a bit of it), iced the cupcakes with caramel buttercream and finally drizzled each cupcake with ganache and more caramel. Tasty!

I didn't change the recipe at all but I didn't have enough caramel leftover to drizzle the tops. No worries though, I didn't mind making an extra batch of caramel, especially when it means a jar of leftover caramel - that stuff is so tasty.

1 comment: