Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Home processes

The process of making a house a home is more involved than I imagined. And more expensive. Plus, I have the attention span of a gnat so it is sometimes hard for me to focus on one thing. I'll give you an example here: I am currently re-organizing the office which includes piles of papers, etc on the floor AND I am organizing our recipes which involves piles of papers, recipes and magazines. I started both of those "projects" last weekend. Really, what was I thinking? Apparently not much. Oh well.

While I am in the midst of two organization projects, my brain is wandering to other projects because what's the fun in actually completing something? Anywho, I have been contemplating the many options for our tv wall in the den since, oh, the day we moved in and put our tv on the same old Ikea tv stand. Ugh.

What I like:


Top row: Restoration Hardware, Bottom Row: Pottery Barn

I honestly don't want to spend that kind of money on a media console so I'm considering different options including some projects from Ana White. She has plans for the RH Printmaker's media console (middle top) as well as a plan for an apothecary style media console like the bottom right. The husband and I are also somewhat curious about welding and one of our neighbors is apparently somewhat skilled at it (which would open up the potential to do something like the top left). The weather is warming up and I'm itching to do a project so we'll see what the next months bring us. Of course, maybe I'll just work on finishing one of my current projects! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment