Thursday, July 29, 2010

Real life

No posts lately means not much is going on around here or the fun of real life has crept in and I've been doing things like laundry and cleaning and dissertation and contract work. Ooh. But fun things have been swirling around in my head and so I thought I would share. On our house to-do list are Master Bedroom updates including a DIY headboard and complete half bath redo, which will be done in stages.

Here's what I've been thinking about for the headboard:

Lonny Magazine
Lonny Magazine
Lonny Magazine


I like the curved better than square. I've been looking at these for awhile but just can't decide on the fabric. Going for a mostly gray room with accents of yellow - I like the subtle headboards with neutral fabric but I also like the punch of color in the last picture. We'll see how this turns out!

The first thing on the half-bath list is a vanity/sink combo. I'm not so interested in buying pre-fab vanities from the local hardware store so I'm trying to convince Chip that we need to DIY a vanity!  These pictures give the general idea. Now to find the perfect (small) piece of furniture to turn into a wonderful vanity!

DIY vanity from Southern Exposure
Design*Sponge
 And on another random note - we're heading to the SPCA Saturday am to see if we can find a fourth family member! I'm super excited - we'll keep you updated! :)

1 comment:

  1. hi dudes! i usually read in an RSS feeder, but clicked through and like the new(?) blog design. i also really like the idea of another doggie in the family!

    hope you're both well and not melting in the TX sun.

    melissa

    ReplyDelete