Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wild hair

According to Urban Dictionary.com, a wild hair is a "Sudden decision that is not expected." I tend to get a lot of wild hairs and so I decided to start a little section where I'll highlight a wild hair I've had recently. For me, wild hairs mostly involve baking. For instance, I'll see an amazing looking dessert like so and then whip it up as soon as I have some free time. But lately I've had some wild hairs involving random home projects or decorating projects. Probably a result of the way-too-many-to-count blogs that I read on a weekly daily basis. So get ready to enjoy some of my hair-brained projects!!

First on the list of wild hairs:

I read several blog posts about making yarn covered wreaths. See here and here. So I decided to make my own! But then while I was doing a little holiday decor shopping at Home Goods, I saw this below.

Broken wreath at Home Goods

And I decided to make a sort of combination of the two! Here is a sneak peek. You only get a sneak peek b/c apparently I don't own any glue worth a crud so I can't finish the thing until I purchase some!! :)

A part of my in-progress wreath!


1 comment: