Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Family updates

Our little family has two professional-related updates.

1. I received my LPC in North Carolina. Yay! Licensure was a huge professional goal of mine and really means a lot to me.
(Yes, this may seem strange given that I no longer live in NC, but it will make licensure easier here in Texas and now I will be all set when we move back to NC sometime in the future - see below.)

2. The husband got a new job within his company that opens up more opportunities for him both on a day-to-day basis and in the future. I'm super proud of him (and maybe a little annoyed that part of his new job duties involve playing golf during the work day - yep, he's one of those guys now).

Combined, these two changes mean that we will be in Texas for at least 2 more years and that I can now more easily pursue clinical work. Although being in Texas isn't ideal, its nice to know that we are both making headway in our professional goals and now have many more exciting opportunities. Plus, Houston is growing on me (a little), so I'm not terribly opposed to spending a little more time here.

Now, just ONE more big goal for me and then maybe, just maybe, I'll feel like a normal person again. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both!!!! Please pass along to Chip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Chip & Liz! You guys will be back before you know it!

    ReplyDelete