Friday, October 21, 2011

Fear

I'm not usually one to live life based on fear but there are a few (irrational) beliefs (fears) that do regulate some of my life decisions.

For example, I do not walk on grates because I do not know what's under them. Simply put I like to know what could jump up and grab me before I put myself in harm's way!

A similar fear relates to toilets. Clearly toilets have holes and there may or may not be a chance that something could come out of the toilet and get you. And for the most part, this thought crosses my mind EVERY time I use the restroom. I did mention it was irrational, right?

Well, my fear was somewhat validated yesterday in my own home. What did I see in my toilet??  Not one but two spiders hanging out in there. I mean, seriously? I spent the next few seconds pondering the possibility of never using the restroom again. Alas, nature (and maybe my less irrational side) won out.

(I apologize for the restroom-related story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment