Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One of my therapies

Cooking is one of my go to therapies. I love the energy of it. All of the energy I expend has direct results, that I can enjoy that day or the next (or all week). More than that, for me, cooking is a way of showing care. I love to cook for others. But hey, when its just me, I don't mind cooking either. 

Anyways, back to the point - I've been somewhat "holed up" trying to get some things done this past week. I mean, I spent almost every waking moment working on this stuff. Come Sunday I needed a break and so I cooked.

Pinterest will literally suck your life away if you let it but I have found some great recipes (and blogs) through it! I chose three recipes I first saw on pinterest.

Ratatouille - I have always wanted to try this (especially after watching the movie Ratatouille - so cute). Smitten Kitchen is an amazing food blog and his recipe for Ratatouille is easy (if you have a good mandolin) and so very tasty. I would recommend cutting 1/8th inch thick slices instead of 1/16th. I decided to eat it with quinoa and goat cheese (as recommended). Wow and super pretty.





Crockpot French Onion Soup - an adaptation by another great food blogger How Sweet It is. I decided on this soup because, by golly, if everyone else in the US gets to do fall stuff, I will too (even if the highs are still in the upper 80's and even 90's some days). Easy and tasty (if you like onions).

Turkey meat balls - a good source of protein and also pretty easy. I added red pepper flakes, and more onion and garlic b/c the last turkey meatballs (different recipe) I made had NO flavor. These turned out really well and are easy to freeze. I threw together some leftover pureed tomato, onions, etc to make a quick sauce b/c I could not successfully identify any one of the 8 types of red sauce we currently have in the freezer. Reminder to me: label things - it makes life easier.

I have other therapies, but this is probably my favorite! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment