Monday, October 10, 2011

Office doors

When our realtor took a gander at the house to help us with our home improvement focus, she recommended a local guy who did some work for a few of her friends.

We gave him a call to see what he might say about doors for the office (living room). He came over last week to look over the area and we decided to give it a shot. He and his wife do the work together: they dropped off the supplies and got started this past Thursday, worked through Friday, and finished up Saturday morning.

Before doors:

In progress:
After day 1 - wall built in, molding added, doors put in place

After day 2: wall finished and painted, doors in garage drying

Done!
View from the dining room.
View from front door

View from inside the office

The doors look great and create a truly functional, yet attractive home office. The husband and I are really happy with them. Now, I wonder what else we can get this husband-wife team to do around the house? Maybe the master bath?!? :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! They did a great job! I should do that also - I work in my living room too, but it also connects to the dining room so not sure it would work. I will have to think about it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doors are beautiful and I still like the paint color. You guys are doing a great job. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete