Wednesday, September 29, 2010

And I've learned so much already

I've only been to work 8 days now and I feel like I've learned so much. Not necessarily about the job but lots about Houston. Here are some fun facts.
  1. Baylor College of Medicine is NOT a part of Baylor College
  2. There are two, yes two, fabulous-amazing looking cupcake stores less than a mile from my office - what are they trying to do here?? 
  3. 
    Image from Celebrity Cupcake - right down the street.
    
  4. My office is on a major thoroughfare in Houston so I also have the best tex-mex place in Houston across the street (or so says the new boss), and all the shopping a girl could want less than a mile from my office - again, really? Do you know how much I love tex-mex AND shopping?
  5. I left the house at 6am my first day to make sure I got to orientation by 8am. I arrived at 7am. I left the next day at 6am in the pouring rain and arrived by 6:45am. Traffic is strange here and a bit finnicky.
  6. Shadow (we named our foster dog) should have the name Houdini - each of the first two days I worked I came home to her outside of her crate, where I put her before I left - she's really talented. The third day I put her in the laundry room and she destroyed it - now need to replace the door, molding, and ironing board cover.
  7. Gracie felt left out of the fun of destruction and ate our bathroom door which will have to have pieces replaced. Lesson here - the dogs are less destructive together.
  8. There are something like 6 or 7 hospitals in the Texas Medical Center - about a mile from my office. See the large complex below. (It includes Texas Children's Hospital where Jen Arnold works - she's on the Little Couple on TLC - yes, I like the show, mainly b/c she's in Houston!)

From http://www.north-houston.com/developers/healthcare.html

Ok, that's all for now - I'll update about other busy things going on in our lives later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment