Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hi there!

Gracie says "We have exciting news!"


I got a job offer today! :) 

I am THIS excited about it!

I'll get the official letter after my background check - no worries peeps, nothing too bad hidden in the closet to keep me out of the job.

The job is at Baylor Medical School doing some really fun stuff that is an amazing combination of things I like to do. Some research and stats, and some training of doctors and residents related to motivational interviewing and substance abuse. And I'll get to do some writing and presenting and really just use everything that I've done over the last 5 years in school - right when I was starting to question how all these painful years were going to help me!! Can you tell I'm excited??? OH, and they are being flexible so I can pick up clinical hours in their family counseling clinic and the nonprofit I mentioned last week!

Anywho. I've included some pictures of our crop of peppers and basil b/c they are looking amazing and pictures (even if not great ones) make the blog look better! :)

Fresno chili pepper bush
These suckers take awhile to ripen - this is our first one of the season.
Jalapenos - you would be surprised how many we can use in a week!
Lots o' basil.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Liz!!! That is so exciting! Love the picture of Gracie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job!! That is awesome news! I'm super excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very happy for you! You and Chip are inspiring! And the job makes me so super-duper excited! Wow...I'm speechless about all your productive happiness!

    ReplyDelete