Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You know what??

I've discovered some things I really love since moving down here - well some I already knew but being here emphasizes them more.

One - I love getting emails from friends and family. Its strange but it makes me ridiculously happy to read about what's going on their world and to know that things are good. I can sit and imagine them smile and its like, for a brief moment, I'm back in the place I used to call home, with that person. It is truly amazing how these glimpses into their hearts and lives really make my day. I'm putting a picture in here of the PhD cohort b/c I've gotten some emails from some of these fabulous gals recently!


Two - I really like rain - maybe not so much during the fall/winter but here in TX rain means so much. Mainly it means a respite from the heat. But our rains have been heavy, hard rains, going just as quickly as they arrive, that really are in many ways magnificent. And the weird (well one of the weird) sides of me is glad to see we don't have to waste water on the lawn and bushes.

Three - I think you might know this already - but I love farms and I love seeing cows almost every day. I love when we walk out behind the neighborhood that I can hear the horses and goats at the nearby mini-ranch. And I love that people ride their horses where we walk (we haven't actually seen the horses but we have seen the evidence of their presence!).

Four - I love the south. Houston isn't as much the south as some places b/c of all the 'transplants' (as the husband calls them - or people who are moved here for work or come here for work), but its still southern enough for me.

I probably could go on for some time but these are just a few on my mind lately!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment