Monday, March 12, 2012

Changing it up

After my week long trip to NC, full of lunches and dinners out with family and friends, I needed a bit of a food adjustment. Feeling a bit uninspired by our food lately, I looked over a few of my favorite cookbooks for something different. I found a simple but tasty recipe for a baby spinach and prosciutto salad from Donna Hay's The New Cook cookbook.


For this recipe, I baked the prosciutto and tomatoes and blanched the asparagus in advance. With the main cooking taken care of, prepping this salad for dinner took about 10 minutes, most of which was spent making the fresh dressing.



There are so many things I love about Donna Hay recipes. The most important is that I know that with one of her recipes I can make a great-tasting meal or dessert with very few ingredients. Plus, her recipes use primarily every day foods, so nothing you will likely have to find at a specialty store. Although I love cooking of all kinds, for busy weeks, Donna Hay is a great go-to for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment