Thursday, March 15, 2012

A local diamond

One of my favorite blogs is Chookooloonks. I started following her blog for many reasons - she's a great photographer, and a very creative and passionate person - and then discovered that she lives in Houston! I have not sited her around town (nor have I tried), but its neat to read her occasional stories about life in Houston.

My MIL and FIL gave me a book she co-authored for Christmas: Expressive Photography. I love it. It is all about the art of story-telling through photography.

She writes about many more things than Houston and photography and I really enjoyed reading her post yesterday. You might too. Here's a quote from the post:

From Chookooloonks "random thoughts: the parent trap and other musings:"
In other words, when corporations not only make it acceptable, but encourage their employees to focus on their personal lives in addition to their professional ones, it can only help to enhance the productivity of its workforce.  Moreover, when Corporate America  finally makes it okay for ALL its employees to be parents, then no one will have to sacrifice career for family (or vice versa).
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment