Monday, August 6, 2012

And it's all gone

(Warning! This post contains pictures of scary bugs.)

The garden, that is. The husband and I (mostly the husband) cleaned out the garden last weekend. We only had time to remove the plants and do some weeding and general maintenance. We have plans to work on the soil some but that will have to wait until we have a little more time.



Sometime later in the day the husband came inside and said he found a wicked spider in the garden. Of course my first question was "how big is this thing?" Growing up we had wolf spiders in our wood pile and that's always the first thing I think of when I hear about any kind of spider!



Although our little garden spider was by no means large, she was WAY scarier than a wolf spider.


Whoa hourglass! And yes, only a few hours earlier both the husband and I were hanging out with this guy and had no idea! Thankfully she was nothing a little ole hammer couldn't take care of! :)

Did I mention I hate bugs? (I really only mean bad bugs and bugs that fly/crawl anywhere in my vicinity)

Speaking of bad bugs, meet the largest caterpillar you've ever seen - darn thing has poop the size of a rabbit. Of course, that's only after its eaten half a Thai chili plant. You may think I'm being facetious here but in fact, I am not. I had an entire conversation with the husband about how a rabbit got in the backyard and pooped all over the place without the dogs noticing. :)

Yes, this box is more than 2 inches long.
Ok, enough of the freaky bug pictures! The gardening is on hiatus for awhile and honestly I'm a little relieved. Killing bugs is not all that much fun. But we'll be back at it soon enough and I'm sure with even more ridiculous bug pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment