Thursday, August 9, 2012

She's so mine



Gracie is so my dog.

Why you ask? Picture this:

Last night she was comfortably laying on her bed. I noticed she was moving a little so I looked over to see what was going on. She was sniffing somewhat frantically around one corner of her bed.

Me: "I think there's a bug by Gracie's bed."

The husband: "Nooo, I don't think so."

But as a truly great husband and bug-killer, he got up to investigate (without me even having to ask).

Low and behold there was a bug and as soon as it was confirmed to Gracie she ran right over to me and sat next to me until the husband caught said bug.

In fact though, he did not catch the bug. He immobilized the bug (or so he thought) but was under-prepared and had to retrieve some tissue. While he was retrieving the tissue from the other room, here is what he heard:

"BUG ON THE LOOSE, BUG ON THE LOOSE, BUG ON THE LOOSE, BUG ON THE LOOSE, BUG ON THE LOOSE, BUG ON THE LOOSE, BUG ON THE LOOSE, BUG ON THE LOOSE!!!" and then a large slamming-of-a-shoe sound.

I was not about to let that bug go under the furniture or disappear right before we went to sleep. And since the husband did not respond quickly enough to the yelling, I bolted up, grabbed my shoe and smooshed it!

All the while, Gracie sat as far away as possible. She so got the bug-hating from me! :)

 
Sidenote: I guess when you get to be an adult you stop talking about cool things like concerts and drinking and whatever else we talked about before (but of course I can't remember now that I'm an adult). But you do talk about bugs and (furry) kids and other such nonsense. 


1 comment: