Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympics fun

I'm a huge fan of the Olympics. This year, our friends Jennifer and Brett hosted an Olympic opening ceremony party. This will likely be the last (and only year) I watch the opening ceremony. Despite the somewhat strange and overly long ceremony, we had a lot of fun hanging out.

In keeping with an American themed dinner, I made s'mores cupcakes! I searched the web for recipes and decided on a version from Eats Well With Others, who adapted a recipe from one of my favorite food bloggers, Annie's Eats.



I chose this recipe because it combined a graham cracker base with homemade chocolate cake and marshmallow icing! Yum!

 
The cupcakes turned out really well. I might add a tad more graham cracker to make the crust a little more substantial but other than that they were perfect. The recipe made extra batter and icing so I made a few additional cupcakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment