Monday, August 30, 2010

I can count the number on my hands

This past Friday was a different day in my world here in Texas. First, I met with a great counselor who works out of a suburb about 40 minutes from us. She is connected with a nonprofit organization that provides counseling services for victims of violence. I am going to be able to do some counseling for this organization and get supervision from her. And I cannot express how excited I am!!!! One of my goals is to get licensed and this will help that happen. Plus, I'm excited to get back to work. The organization is very flexible and works essentially as a private practice - I will be assigned clients for the first meeting and then after that I do my own scheduling. I could not ask for a better experience right now!

So in meeting with this woman Friday, I explained how I just moved here and she asked me how many people I know. I said four and she quickly replied - "oh goodness, well now you know five and if you stay I can introduce you to some more people!" She was very happy to help me meet more people and at the end of the time with her, I had met an additional four people.

We went out Friday for a birthday celebration and met a few others, so alas, now I can no longer count the number of people I know here on two hands. :)  Friday was a big day for me!

Weekend Update:
  • Ran errands to multiple places including Home Depot where we bought the plywood for the headboard project
  • Baked yummy homemade cinnamon bread
  • Made homemade bbq sauce
  • Cleaned
  • Caulked trim so we can finally paint it this coming weekend
  • Made homemade curried coleslaw
  • Sunday grilled a roadside chicken from Rick Bayless and made enchilada sauce for dinner tonight
  • Grilled some amazing ribs for dinner last night - husband did a great job with them
We were actually busy although not really accomplishing anything big, except making yummy food. And just so you know - the husband did a lot of the cooking - he's pretty darn good at it!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Very, very exciting about the counseling and supervision opportunity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Congratulations! I'm so happy you have found work in your field. We knew it would happen just didn't know how long it would take. Glad you will be meeting and getting to know more people too! I'm sure it's been tough - but you are over the hump now!

    ReplyDelete