Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cars and such

We're going on almost 2 months of owning just one car. I never posted about this in December but the husband's car was hit by a hurried shopper and totaled. At that time we really only drove his car (a manual) on the weekends, essentially to just drive it every once in awhile. We drive my car to work because its an automatic and traffic is easier to deal with in an automatic.





Anywho, the one car thing is going well for the most part. I do forget every once in awhile that he can't run an errand for me when he works from home and I'm at work with the car. But other than that, its good. We're looking to buy a car maybe in May (just in time for us to drive it to NC) or we might wait longer, who knows.

Are you wondering what kind of car? We need a car with more room because we have two dogs that take up a lot of space and we need to consider that we may add more members to our family in the future. Then remember that I have a bit of my dad's hippie side and the result is that I have a strong desire to 1. not pay a lot for a car, 2. buy a car that gets good gas mileage, and 3. buy a car that will be reliable and last a long time. So that pretty much leaves us with station wagons!  And I'm a fan (I know, I'm strange). We're considering these guys but we'll see what happens over the next few months!



Hyundai Elantra Touring

Subaru Outback

2 comments:

  1. I vote Hyundai too....Then one day I can get a midnight blue Subaru Outback (or Forrester..current fave) and we can share.

    ReplyDelete