Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cooking for one

Weekend before last I did some me kind of cooking - meaning, I made food with beans. It really kills me that the husband doesn't eat beans because I do love them. We had a shared lunch with some of the ladies at work on Tuesday of that week and I contributed the black bean veggie chili and cornbread. Quite yummy. The chili recipe was modified from this one: vegetarian black bean chili. I added all kinds of things to this recipe including corn, garbanzo beans, and hatch chilis (frozen from the fall). The cornbread recipe is a seriously modified version of this one: southern corn bread. One of my coworkers is a vegetarian so I omitted the bacon fat, subbing in butter but two tablespoons only. I used high quality stone ground cornmeal, no onions, about 1/3 cup cheese, a can of hatch chilis, no corn, and about two pinches of garlic powder. Plus one cup flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Ok, so really, it wasn't even close to the same recipe. Oh well!

Chili cooking away

I made a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment