Friday, February 4, 2011

Impetus

Can a desk be an impetus to get the dreadful "D" done?  Probably not, but it sure could help matters along. That, along with a need to improve the general functioning of our office space, has led us (or really the husband) to begin building a corner desk. And he's doing a great job.

Building in action

One finished base

We found the plans on AnaWhite.com, changing them a bit to fit our needs. We're hoping to have the thing built by the end of the weekend. Then it only needs painting and it will be done!  I'm pretty excited for a lot of reasons, including having my very own fancy workspace.

My current workspace is, well, interesting. See?


I'm using a piece of an ikea coffee table as a desk - it works but I definitely could use an upgrade with a lot more space!

So naturally I'm excited about the desk. But it also helps us move forward on my big goal for the year for the inside of the house - get to organizing those areas in the house which we use frequently - the office, the laundry room, and the closet. Super!

No comments:

Post a Comment