Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Challenging

Ok, so this diamond thing is challenging. This week (and yes, its only Tuesday) I've seen already three things I'd love to share. I'm going to focus on one (sort of) and I'll share the others later in the week! :)

I'm a big fan of TED videos. The TED logo is "ideas worth spreading" and on their website you can find incredible talks on pretty much any subject. I've watched a few and all were terrific - although I'm not currently teaching, for some reason education is always on my mind and the TED videos are a great way to educate yourself or would be great learning tools to integrate into education. I would recommend these: Sheryl Sandberg (COO Facebook), Why We Have Too Few Women Leaders; Chimamanda Adichie's The Danger of a Single Story; a TED best of the web, Fort Worth City Councilman Joel Burns "it gets better" (truly amazing testimonial);  Brene Brown's The Power of Vulnerability. If these aren't for you, you can find ANY topic on the TED site - these happen to be some of the ones I've been drawn to.

No comments:

Post a Comment