Thursday, March 3, 2011

A diamond!!!

Yes, it's a diamond but not what you're thinking (or maybe). This is the first in a new series I've decided to begin here in the world of messes. I am continuously moved by the great things I read on others' blogs and I want you to know about them too. So I'm starting a Diamond (in the rough) weekly post. I am not at all trying to say that the tons of blog posts out there each week are 'the rough' but just trying to highlight what I thought was a particularly shiny moment. And to give you some perspective, I currently follow 132 blogs. Um, did I mention I cleaned out my little google reader earlier in the week so that's a lower number for me? Scary. But I don't read everything all the time and I surely don't read them all each week. Anywho - if you judge me, its alright. At least you're reading the blog! :)

My first diamond comes straight from Attack of the Redneck Mommy, a blog I only recently began following. Sassy and fabulous, oh and did I mention Canadian??? But that's a story for another day.

Anywho, the blog touched me because it's about something that my husband shared with me many years ago when he did the Push America's Journey of Hope. The post, find it here, details her honest thoughts about the word "retard." She also has a mantra of which I'm a big fan - AIM HIGHER. Fitting.

A related post is also quite striking: Love That Max, If you ask people to not use the word "retard"

And if you want to learn more, check out R-word.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks for the shout out! And can I just say I love the design of your blog? Very clean. I love it. I will be back. I like to lurk in pretty places.

    ReplyDelete