Thursday, March 31, 2011

Diamond

I've been thinking a lot about children lately - we have so many friends having children and I've been reading more family-related blogs that talk a lot about children. One topic that comes up over and over again is education. I recently read a post about homework for children in preschool and elementary school. Some of the cited information indicated that homework during these ages could actually be detrimental, undermining the child's natural problem-solving and creativity.

But this builds on other concerns - as a person who believes strongly in education, with a father who is an educator, with friends who are educators, with children whom I love going to school now and in the future - the continuing problems in our education system more than concern me.

Then I saw this: http://www.racetonowhere.com/home and the trailer for the movie.


Hope.
 

*Note: this is not a political statement

No comments:

Post a Comment