Monday, March 21, 2011

Gift giving

I'm kind of a weirdo when it comes to gift giving. I spend WAY too much time worrying over good gifts and trying to be creative about it. I used to do a lot more in the way of creative gifts but that will have to wait until I'm unsaddled (from school that is). One aspect of gift giving is the card and I love me some fancy (Papyrus, Paper Source, etc) cards. Truly I could spend my entire paycheck on stuff from these stores.

Pic from here.
The reason I bring this up? As I've mentioned before, babies babies everywhere!!! We've spent the last 7 years or so going to weddings and we're shifting from the period of weddings to the period of babies.

A baby (me)

So of course I need some cards to send. But Target's baby card selection is umm, sad (to me). And I hate feeling like I'm settling for a card that I find not-so-exciting.

Then it hit me! My aunt makes some awesome, extremely creative stuff - beautiful cards, scrapbooks, and more.


So I happily commissioned her to make some cards for me that I know I'll love and at the same time I'm supporting individual creativity over chainstore-blah. You can check out her etsy store here. And I've included some photos of beautiful creations she's made me.

A wedding album for us to fill: the glowing circle is not a part of the original creation.

My birthday card this past year - it folded in all kinds of very cool ways to reveal different messages.



Notecards
Notecards
 P.S. This is not a plug to get you to buy stuff from her - although that would be nice - rather just my solution to a silly little problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment