Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The best way to get over a funky mood

Sugar. In order to move past the morning mood, I had myself a little slice of Banoffee Pie. Yep, I picked up this recipe from another blog (here) and made it Sunday. But with all that went on in our worlds this weekend and early week, we did not actually eat any until last night. Also partly due to the fact that I wasn't quite sure how this would taste with homemade whipped cream sans sugar. Hey, but it was good. And I couldn't imagine any other topping for it b/c store bought whipped cream would have been too much sweet for the already super sweet pie.

Here is a picture from the less-than-great camera. But you can still tell this pie is yummy goodness! That's bananas on bottom, with make-your-own toffee sauce (or dulce de leche) followed by a nice thick layer of whipped cream and some chocolate shavings!


(This is NOT the piece I ate but the piece the Mr. and I shared Tuesday pm)

I followed the recipe almost exactly - everything being from scratch including the crust (I love homemade pie crust) and the boiled sweetened condensed milk cans. I boiled two to save one for later. After boiling, they left a ring on the bottom of our nice calphalon pot so if you don't want a ring matching a can on the bottom of your nice pot I would use a crappy one!

Make it and eat it - you'll like it I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment