Thursday, August 12, 2010

Exciting stuff

Since getting Kona on Sunday we really haven't been doing much around here. She's super cute but still really low on energy. We finally got her to eat more than a few bites of bread yesterday so hopefully this means she will put on some weight and start feeling better. And only 6 more days of medication!

On the home front, I painted a shelf and brackets that I got at Ikea - hopefully that will soon be up on the wall in the master bathroom. I also spent some time looking into several other projects including a chalkboard for the kitchen. I put up some paint tape to see how I like it in the space I'm considering and since its a relatively inexpensive project it might appear soon. Other than that, I have this weird desire to make something - so today I looked into how to make a farmhouse table for your dining room and found Ana Wood's Knock-Off Wood blog. She has plans for making your own farmhouse table here. Amazing and it totally makes me think that I can do it! So who knows but maybe one day. Check out a few farmhouse table images to get an idea of what I'm thinking about.

Image from Restoration Hardware
Image from the Bella Cottage
Image from Decor Pad

Image from Decor Pad

2 comments:

  1. check this out - I've been considering trying this

    http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2010/03/gorgeous-glass-canisters-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://theredchairblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-do-i-love-my-chalkboard-table-let.html

    ReplyDelete