Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rough end to the week

There's really no way to say this except to simply share what happened. Friday after taking the Mr to the airport for a weekend with the guys, I came home and started some work on the house. For whatever reason I started feeling less and less good about Kona's health despite no real significant changes. I thought I was probably just being a little too worrisome but as the night continued I decided I needed to take Kona to the Humane Society Saturday am to have her checked out. Unfortunately Saturday I left the humane society without her. She did not have pneumonia like they thought; apparently distemper mimics all kinds of things including respiratory illnesses and she had to be humanely euthanized. She left such a mark on us even after only a week in our lives. We'll miss her dearly.

3 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear about kona... i'm sure she felt loved and cared-for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry. That is so hard for you to have to do by yourself. Be glad you were able to give her a good home and love for what time you could. Even only having her for a week has changed you I'm sure and you will need time to process and heal. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete