Saturday, August 7, 2010

Doggie woes and other updates

I'm a big fan of supporting charities and such and thus the little Gracie was adopted from a rescue group local to the area in NC I was living. So when we decided to adopt another furry gal, we looked at both the SPCA and Houston Humane Society and settled on a cute girl who was yet to be spayed. Now, I'm not trying to complain but seriously, we have no idea when we're going to be able to get our dog. The Humane Society has no idea when they'll be able to spay her and keep telling us it should be soon but I don't know. I'm not trying to complain - it just stinks picking out a dog, thinking we're going to pick her up two days later only to get a call that she's not ready and who knows when she'll be ready. Can you tell I'm getting a little antsy to have our new dog home?

*Update to the update - just got a call from the Humane Society and we are in fact going to pick up the dog tomorrow. However, she hasn't been spayed and instead we are technically "fostering" her b/c she has pneumonia. Once she gets well she will go back to be spayed. And on another bright note - without too much of a hassle, we are going to be approved for fostering animals tomorrow - I'm excited! For those of you wondering what the Mr. thinks - he's napping so he missed his chance to comment.

Anywho - I ordered fabric today b/c Joann's Fabric is having a big sale this weekend. Here's a picture. I'll update you on where its going later! (And they also have a coupon for free shipping over $35 if you want to order something too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment