Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cooking like a (the) pioneer woman

If you watch the Today show, which I do not, you would know that the Pioneer Woman or Ree Drummond was on the show this morning. I only know b/c I follow her blog. Since we moved to Texas I think its only fitting to follow her blog - she lives on a ranch in OK, with a pretty cool family (she refers to her husband as Marlboro man), raising cows and cooking up some yummy food. Also, I follow her blog b/c I've always had a fascination with farms, ranches, cows, horses, etc. Do you know the best part about where we live now? Just behind our neighborhood, on our walk route around the canals is a farm with two horses, two goats, various other animals and a real STEER. Yes, with huge horns and everything. Its pretty awesome. So as you can see, its only natural that I would like the Pioneer Woman's blog b/c it combines something I love doing with ranch life! We've tried a few of Pioneer Woman's recipes and they have all turned out well. This week we tried her raspberry cream pie and last week we tried the grilled chicken with lemon basil pasta. Both were quite good and I'm sure we will continue using her yummy recipes. An added bonus is that she takes lovely photos of the cooking process! (We didn't take any pictures but here are some from the Pioneer Woman herself).
Pioneer Woman
Pioneer Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment